1/28/08

Dude inflections

I love the Bud Light "Dude" ads. The target audience is males 20-30 years old, but the ads resonate with mommies of the target audience. Having lived with three frequently monosyllabic sons, and hosted their friends for so long, I don't speak or necessarily understand their utterances, but I do recognize the language when I hear it.

The ads are like having my guys home for sixty seconds. There must be a perfect guy to roommate "dude" inflection that conveys the concept that your mom called and left a long message on the machine asking you to phone home. Bet it's accompanied by an eye-roll.

One son emailed me the A- Slate ad report card for "Dude". I give the ads an A, as I've personally retained the brand name Bud Light in my faulty menopausal memory banks, AND even purchased some Bud Light to have in the fridge in case a dude comes home.

© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...