11/24/05

Liska Lou's Luby's Blog


I've been craving an archives-by-categories subject menu for the Itty Bitty Blog like the one The Language Guy has, and several other blogs I read. I did manage to set up the reverse-archive-list-in-a-dropdown-menu blogger hack. [No applause, please, just throw money!] Reading about del.icio.us, and various methods of using it to create categories in Blogger is so Monty Python* it turned my brain to cranberry sauce. I did glean** that the first step is to decide what categories I want to create.

Ay, there's the rub. This blog after two and a half years is more a collage of different themes than ever. I'm a walking, talking, blogging Luby's LuAnn Platter--one entree, two sides, and a roll. You can order Teaching with sides of Politics and Empty-Nesting, or Empty-Nesting with sides of Happily Divorced and Opera, or Politics with sides of Condo-Ownership and Parenthood, Condo-Ownership with sides of Teaching and Song Lyrics, Childhood Memories on Toast with or without Trauma Sauce and Recipes, Student Quotes with Perpetual Cash-Flow Issues and a Hot Kiln, Menopause with sides of Exercise and Health Insurance, Health Insurance with extra Politics and Crawford Slaw, Recycling with Auto Repairs and Diebenkorn...

*"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise - surprise and fear... fear and surprise... our two weapons are fear and surprise - and ruthless efficiency... our three weapons are fear and surprise and ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.. our four... Amongst our weapons - amongst our weaponry - are such elements as fear, surprise... I'll come in again."

Speaking of cranberry sauce, just who does Ocean Spray think it is anyway!!?? I'm very ticked that it changed the cans for cranberry jelly so you can't open both the top and bottom ends to push the jelly out. That is so entirely wrong, unamerican, and not at all what God in all Her infinite wisdom intended. Ocean Spray has issued new instructions for opening the cans, but I'm still blaming it all on Halliburton.

**Glean what afflicts me. Question and answer: On this Thanksgiving I'm grateful that my high school English teacher assigned Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead back in 1972. It's been bringing me joy for thirty-two years, though it seems like yesterday.

3 comments:

Morten Skogly said...

Hi, I've made categories on my blog, you can see it and read about it at http://pappmaskin.blogspot.com/2005/10/blogger-categories.html?tag=Music

Check out the right margin for example s of my categories.

John said...

"Lovely bird, the Norwegian Blue... Beautiful plumage!!" Let me know if I can help... "My brother's got a pet shop in Bolton"

Suzy said...

I am shocked and horrified about the Ocean Spray cans. A pox on them, I say. A pox! Make them sit in the comfy chair until they get the cans right again.

Inquiring minds want to know how the shower is holding up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...