7/21/04

Working on my project

"Project" is a fun word for me. When I was about two and a half my dad started building a playhouse for me down in the basement of our rental duplex. It was created in components so it could be assembled out in the yard. I would go down to the basement to "help" Dad on The Project, while completely clueless about its actual goal. The building was exciting enough! So "project" is loaded with creativity, construction, nurturing, hero-worship, mystery, trust, sawdust, enamel paint smells, primary colors, and letting go of the outcome. Now that I ponder it, love and construction are linked in my wiring from birth. Seems to me if you love a child you teach them to pound nails, and you let them experiment with the metal tape measure and the miter box.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...