7/5/04

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Working on the Monday after the Fourth had one advantage. My commute took twelve minutes instead of forty or more. I owned the expressway. I was the queen of all I surveyed. You may kiss my ring. My students love their castle days art projects. They feel like knights in shining armor. Powerful preschoolers. Invincible.

My son did not have to work at the bank, of course. He got up around noon. My condo was a mecca for teen guys all day, due to the cupcakes I baked last night. Now it is night, and they have left the bat cave like other insectivores.

The teen guys have been lounging around the living room channel surfing between the 007 Bond-a-thon, and the poker cable channel. They imagine themselves as Sean Connerys PLUS ready to beat all odds. Testosterone. Invincible. Heaven please protect their chariots.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...