7/13/04

Primitive societies

I have a bunch of teen guys in the living room eating broiled chicken legs and watching poker on cable tv. I am glad they are hanging out instead of driving around or riding a camel to the nearest village in the Gobi desert.

Went to see "The Story of the Weeping Camel" at the Angelika Theater. The comfortable seats alone were worth the price of admission. The movie, though, the movie was fabulous! I love being transported to other places and lifestyles without special effects. I'm not actually an animal person, so don't let that keep you from enjoying this film. I didn't even notice that there were subtitles, because I was so charmed by the Mongolian family in their yurt. I loved the elderly couple playing cards and relying on each other for support and companionship.

Now I have teen girls with silver shoes and miniscule skirts in the living room with the guys. Our primitive subsistence agrarian society has been transformed into something else indeed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...