11/20/11

Sore muscles from ...

...sewing!  Finally finished the comforter/quilt for Dad today, and glad to check that off my Big List.  Spent much of the the day rassling the bulky project around the needle of my little sewing machine.


Be clear, dear reader, this was not wrestling, a sport where varsity and JV teens of assorted bulks in silly uniforms turn red and pin each other to mats for black and white yearbook photos.




Indeed, this was a primitive tussle with a grizzly-ghastly, not a sport.  When I walked into Dad's room he was wearing a teal green sweatshirt, a diaper, and some puke yellow crew socks.  He had thrown off his blankets and was trying to get his waxy, skinny legs out of bed.  "Out" and "off" were muddled in his brain.  He wanted the tv off and the sweatshirt off, therefore he needed to get out of bed.

This sewing was rassling, but I got a hold on it.  The comforter is finished.  Dad seemed interested in the new visual stimulation.  Being done with the project is helping my muscles relax.


ras·sle  (rsl)
intr. & tr.v. ras·sledras·slingras·sles Nonstandard
To engage in wrestling or wrestle with.





© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Congrats on the rassling!

Genevieve Netz said...

It's a great accomplishment to finish a quilt. I have a couple that need a little more work. I should get them off my conscience.

Christine Thresh said...

Visual stimulation. I bet he will enjoy that comfort quilt. It was worth the wrestling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...