11/17/11

My what big i

The Occupy Alphabet owl protesters have made their point. Now it is time for them to move on and work within the system.

These hand puppets were a happy accident preschool art class project.  If you haven't drawn across corrugated cardboard with a Magic Marker lately, you owe yourself some sensory fun.

My blog muse donated a craft pack of corrugated cardboard and a how-to book with a basic puppet plan.  Never thought of cutting places for the little kids' thumbs, but I can see clearly now how that improves the design.

Already had a roll of wide wale corrugated paper.  Also the bag of tiny paper cups that fell on the floor months ago.  Too dirty for drinking, but too good to throw away, the cups became "art supplies".  The playing cards for wings just happened to be in the same bag with the cups. Beaks are Styrofoam grocery trays, but of course!  The great horns for the owls should have been shorter strips of paper, but they add to the owl personalities.


Blackland Prairie Raptor Center will present a program with birds of prey tomorrow.  That's always a highlight of my school year.  Glad the owl art helped the little kids get psyched.

Last evening I attended the condo homeowners  annual board election.  Whoooo was elected?  Thankfully, not me.

4 comments:

JMT said...

This makes me wistful for the days my boys were in your wonderful classes. I still have many of their fantastic creations stored safely away, although sometimes curating that collection is a challenge! Thank you for your magic.

Collagemama said...

Thanks, JMT. The tree face was for you!

CarolK said...

I just love your art projects you do with the kids! What a great creative mind you have.

CarolK said...

I truly love the art project your kids do! You are such a great inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...