10/14/11

Predictive text = more evidence of the apocalypse OR potatoes au gratin

My friend in the hospital after double bypass heart surgery is sending messages via some dumb smart electronic device.  The messages pop up in my Hotmail, and make very little sense.  When I write asking about french toast for breakfast, his reply is about irises.  When I mention those fetching backless hospital gowns, I get back "The gown and precipitous  are going home with me.."  What is going on?


Have Holmes and Moriarty wrestled on the brink of the Reichenbachless Hospital Gown Falls?  Shouldn't modern technology clarify communication?   My backless friend just wants to take his souvenir pee cup home from the hospital to have it bronzed, and he is willing to pay the out-of-network/out-of-pocket price for this relic.  Why is technology pushing him over the cliff?

Come on baby, do the disambiguation with me, but not in your hospital gown.





© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Fun way to start the day! (But I would not want to do "The Locomotion" backless!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...