10/12/11

Can't blame it on the heat wave



With cooler temps and even, gasp, significant rainfall, a fungal ugliness is showing itself.  Bad mushrooms and predatory slime molds are manifesting in places of employment.  It's enough to kill the old king in Babar.  Just by the way, my brother-in-law was so traumatized by that story he still won't eat mushrooms and he's over fifty.

Actually, science shows that slime molds cooperate better than many groups of workplace "team members".

We were so psychically pulled down just trying to get through each blistering day of the record-breaking hellish summer that comparatively petty, but consistently disrespectful behavior had to be ignored and pushed under the rug for survival.  

Now it's flagrant, and spores are being released. Old photos from my files are helping me put the fun back in dysfungtional and the like back in lichen.  Just don't make me read Babar.  Never did like that dude. 






© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I had some trouble with Babar, too. I love your new words.

Collagemama said...

How do you feel about Madeline and Miss Clavel? They bug me even more than Babar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...