5/20/10

One giant leap for ladybug cow


I took this photo with my phone, AND managed to email it to myself. Giant leaps in technology. Leaping almost as high as the ladybug cow above the Talbott Hotel across the street from Danger Baby's apartment building.

Last Friday through Sunday the Talbott was a lovely place with helpful doormen and beautiful flower boxes around the sidewalk tables. I was pretty focused on the street level and not getting too lost on my Chicago walks.

Monday the street was jam-packed with construction equipment and water utility trucks making traffic 1-lane instead of three. I went out to see what the racket was about. Loitering out front I finally noticed the ladybug cow hanging above the entrance. So much for my powers of observation.



The Talbott's cow remains from a "Cows On Parade" project in 1999. It's Latin name is Cowccinella Novemnotata, aka Nine Spotted Lady Bug Cow, by artist Brian Calvin.

© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...