5/10/10

A chick in a car and the car won't go

I'm hoping my future daughter-in-law's car will go when she picks me up at the airport. I haven't been to Chicago since the Valentine's Day when Danger Baby was two and the Woolly Mammoth was in his second trimester. Chicago was ridiculously cold and snowy, even to an Omaha resident. Danger Baby loved the view from the top of Sears Tower, beginning a long interest in aerial views and maps.

Next weekend the same Danger Baby who looked down at all the itty bitty Hot Wheels from that viewpoint will graduate from Northwestern's law school. I'm just a wee tad proud of him! I'm pretty fond of his dear fiance. And I'm really hoping to visit Millennium Park for something new, and the Shedd Aquarium for something old. If the weather cooperates we will grill on a rooftop, and go to a baseball game.

Right after their wedding, Danger Baby and his bride will move to Yew Nork City:

A chick in a car and the car won't go. That's the way to spell Chicago.

A knife and a fork and a bottle and a cork. That's the way to spell New York.

These rhymes come from The Rooster Crows, by Maud and Miska Petersham.

© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...