5/24/10

#60 on the library hit parade

The latest addition to my library life list is the Pritzker Legal Research Center at Northwestern University. Danger Baby has pretty much lived in this library for the past two years, rarely looking up from his work to scan Lake Shore Drive and Lake Michigan toward Navy Pier.









"Who was this Pritzker fellow?," I asked him. Some billionaire. Indeed. Jay Pritzker and his family started the Hyatt Hotels as just one facet of their financial empire.
Danger Baby and I also visited the namesake Pritzker Pavillion at Millennium Park for my first real life encounter with a Frank Gehry design. The pavillion made me remember curling irons and hot steam rollers, not to mention carrot peelers. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.
Since I was visiting the city of Wrigley, Gehry's design also made me think of Doublemint, Spearmint, and Juicyfruit. How many foil gum wrappers would it take to make a pavillion?
This was not, but could have been, named the Farrah Fawcett Archery Range.
© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...