3/22/10

Montessori Teen Insight

I was working with a four and a half year old girl studying teens and place value. You know, eleven is one ten and one unit. Thirteen is one ten and three units... So, I asked this little girl in her black crinkle patent go-go boots, "What does teen mean?"

"It means you are in a group!" Very true words from a little girl Teenagers are all about groups!

Besides her go-go boots, this little person has more interpersonal intelligence than I can comprehend. You've heard of Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences?

I can zip my boots, and I'm mighty glad I survived parenting teenagers. The teens mean many ten groups vs. ever-tired parental units.

© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! I'm cracking up all over again!
Perchance I should simply consider it a harbinger.... *headdesk*
LC

Christine Thresh said...

I love to read your blog. I never know where you are going to go next.
Keep up the interesting insights.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...