4/4/09

Peter, Paul, and Memory

Been puzzled about this hardy plant in a pot on my patio. One of my green thumb friends gave it to me a couple years ago, and I haven't killed it. Alas, I'd forgotten the plant's identity, but whenever I watched its leaves unfurl I started humming "Leaving On a Jet Plane" by Peter, Paul, and Mary.

Peter, Paul, and Mary were already on my internal fm radio playlist because we are considering snakes as members of the reptile class of vertebrates at school. The children love Peter, Paul, and Mary' Boa Constrictor song.

The first concert I attended was Peter, Paul, and Mary performing at Lincoln, Pershing Auditorium for UNL's homecoming in 1969. My scrapbooks aren't fancy. Sometimes the glue has discolored the memorabilia. The information and the memories are still there, though.

© 2009 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...