4/5/09

Lovely Colorado Lady Engaged to Wed Elwood P. Dowd

Got to laughing about some of the characters my eldest son played in his childrens' theatre years. As our family learned lines together, these plays became part of our family lore.

I trust his beloved is not marrying him because his name is Ernest. Perhaps at the wedding rehearsal cucumber sandwiches should be served.--Algernon Moncrieff in "The Importance of Being Earnest".

This lovely lady with the bearing of Audrey Hepburn must have passed a rigorous language investigation by my dreadful Hungarian.--Zoltan Karpathy in "My Fair Lady":

And although she may have studied with an expert dialectitian and grammarian, I can tell that she was born - Hungarian! Not only Hungarian, but of royal blood.

She's sharp enough to follow a "Who's on first?" explanation, and find her way out of the muddy base path. I think she even knows the territory as well as any Iowa anvil salesman.

© 2009 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...