4/25/09

Driving missed daisies

Memorial Day used to mean driving the '54 Chevy right into a sea of daisies. We would arrive at the cabin along the Platte River between Ashland and Gretna. To push the seatback forward and escape out one of the two car doors into daisies up to our waists announced that we had arrived in a magical place--Nature!

A rope swing hung from a high tree branch. With a good launch, we could ride it in large arcs and loops way above the daisies until finally jumping off.


My rural friend Janie gave me three daisy plants in February. Plunked down out back, they are quickly spreading to take over my little condo patio garden. The daisies must know I need a serious dose of magical Nature with a capital N.


© 2009 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Genevieve Netz said...

Daisies are self-seeding -- and very good at it, in my experience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...