8/21/08

Sounds, scents, scary sight



Fort Worth's Japanese Garden is a delight for the senses. Just a few steps inside and I began to smell the evergreens on this warm, but not hot, afternoon. It is a scent from childhood summers in the backyard treehouse, but a rare one in the Dallas area. Most pine trees can't take our summers.



Standing on the brick path through the bamboo grove, I can hear bird songs sailing through the air, but can't see any birds. Birds perch for solitary contemplation on branches above the koi pond, or in social groups on a small stone statue by the waterfall.



It's all so beautiful and refreshing, so idyllic. My walk has been wonderful, and a bargain at three dollars on weekdays. Still, I must confront an ancient samurai foe.



Yes. It's a bagworm in the Japanese Garden. And so, this is my annual bagworm blog post.



© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hi Nancy,
I reached your bloggs through one of our favourite pictures, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I'm sure you must be a wonderful woman. I'm happy to be able to contact nice people so far, it's like reaching the dream I had when I was a little girl. Of course then they weren't so many ways of contacting and I sent some messages in glass bottles trhowing them into the sea but never had an answer.
The japanese garden photos are beautiful.
If you don't mind, I'll come back from time to time to greet you.
Kisses

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...