8/31/08

Sarkozy envy

There are many reasons why John McCain picked the young former beauty queen governor of Alaska to be his running mate. My theory is that the presumptive GOP nominee didn't want to be bested by that Frenchee Nicolas Sarkozy on "Dancing with the Stars". Cyd, Leslie, Adele, Gwen, and Ginger weren't available.

Tonight I'm wishing Ann Richards was still around just to hear her dancing convention thoughts: Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels. I think Ann would be reminding us look past the purdy smiles, tap shoes, and cummerbunds to figure out which candidates can go past dancing up the walls of the box to thinking outside it.




© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Gosh, those are fun.
A link on your recent blog post took me back to this old one. I must have missed it when it came out.

Kathleen said...

You make me feel like dancing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...