5/5/08

Zits Pierce Caterpillar



My world is small. My students are small. Our discoveries and surprises are pretty big, especially with a digital macro camera setting. It's amazing how much life is going on inside the fence of a little preschool playground.

This caterpillar reminds me of Pierce, the much-punctured friend of Jeremy in the comic strip Zits. I don't know if it is an adolescent version of the stinging puss/asp/southern flannel moth caterpillar we found last fall. Pretty sure "Stinging Flannel Moths" would be a good name for a garage band, though.

© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Collagemama said...

I'm glad to report this caterpillar is a type of tussock moth, and probably isn't venomous. Some people might be sensitive to its hairs, though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...