2/25/08

Bells are ringin'

Unseasonably warm today, up in the eighties--the kind of weather that gives me a headache and sets off my tornado storm senses. On the phone with my dad, the wind suddenly changed, and all the wind chimes in condo alley were set to clanging.

The song in my head is "The Bells Are Ringin'" from the 1942 musical, "For Me and My Gal" (Gene Kelly and Judy Garland). The picture in my mind is from 1981's movie, "Body Heat", with Kathleen Turner and William Hurt and many windchimes on her porch.

Maybe the warm afternoon encouraged these baby spiders to emerge from the silky egg case down in the hole of the plastic playground barricade. Maybe it was just the RIGHT TIME.

Each tiny spider looked like a grain of cornmeal, smaller than a pinhead. Each one climbed up the web strands, and headed off as fast as possible for parts unknown.








© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...