7/15/07

Left Behind at Albertsons

Apocalypse on Aisle Three. Something strange is going on, and I didn't get the message.

Last time I shopped at my Albertsons the woman in the check-out line ahead of me had her entire cart filled with giant economy size purple boxes of Raisin Bran. This evening I was between a woman with three huge buckets of vanilla ice cream (the kind with the red handles), and a woman pushing a cart full of store brand toilet paper. The end must be nigh, and it's going to chafe.



apocalypse
c.1384, "revelation, disclosure," from Church L. apocalypsis "revelation," from Gk. apokalyptein "uncover," from apo- "from" (see apo-) + kalyptein "to cover, conceal" (see Calypso). The Christian end-of-the-world story is part of the revelation in John of Patmos' book "Apokalypsis" (a title rendered into Eng. as "Apocalypse" c.1230 and "Revelations" by Wyclif c.1380).

© 2007 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...