5/23/07

Picnic with a fully enlightened being



The wise little Yoda across from me at the picnic table wears pink crocs shoes. Her feet don't quite reach the playground gravel. She's enjoying her peanut butter and jelly. Her sentences are spare, calm, informed, and reminiscent of haiku as she converses with the other children:


I'm happy, she says;

Birds are building a nest

in my yard.


She informs the other kids:

DisneyLand was first.

It is in California.

DisneyWorld was second.

It is in Florida.


A practical meditation:

That is a sugar ant on your banana.

Just flick it off.

It will not hurt anything.

After lunch I want
to hang a teeny tiny
tire swing for her
from my coffee table
miniature bonsai tree.



© 2007 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...