5/4/07

Memorable staging

In my dream I stomped about in purple spike-heeled knee-high microfiber boots, ready to impale grapes, not just mash them. Alas, I had to bleach a Chef-Boyar-Dee stain off a table in the school lunchroom. Some of the Comet cleanser dusted down onto my boots, leaving faded spots. What a metaphor for womanhood! Bathtub cleanser ruins sexy boots--I can just imagine the verismo soprano aria! Welchismo Squelchismo... Okay, maybe it's time for jelly opera glasses...

The most memorable stagings by the Dallas Opera since I began attending in 2003 follow. Some had boots. Some had purple. A few had cleanser. All had amazing women:

Jenufa 2004
Cosi fan tutte 2003
Nabucco 2006
Pagliacci 2005
Magic Flute 2006
La Boheme 2003



© 2007 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...