2/20/07

The Mama Finally Collages

I've launched my long-delayed visual art blog. Sometimes I forget that "CollageMama" originally applied to work as a visual artist. The new blog is MamaCollages, and I hope you will visit it and critique my early efforts.

During my recent Nebraska trip I was cut off from my usual blog and email routine. I wanted to write about my time spent in Dad's hospital and therapy rooms, and the spiral notebook was SO SLOW. I was desperate to create visual compositions inspired by my time staring out windows at the snow. Why do we write? Why do we create art? Being marooned outside my normal routine, I wasn't sure what I thought because I hadn't created art or written about my experiences. I create so I can learn what I think!

© 2007 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...