2/22/07

Found my lucky shirt

Back behind the stack of Rubbermaid storage containers full of teaching materials and fabric remnants in the darkest corner of my closet under the pair of too tight jeans and the stained sweatshirt for Goodwill I found it! I'd given up hope. Resigned myself that I'd somehow forgotten it out at White Rock Lake the day of the marathon aid station.

The Brooks running shirt from the 2005 Half marathon is just incredibly comfortable. I got the shirt for volunteering at the finish line, not for running, of course. It's perfect for weekends, home maintenance projects, and napping.

Now that I have it back, the energy of the cosmos has shifted. The surgeon says Dad can put weight on his leg and start using the walker instead of the wheelchair. I've accepted a job teaching with people I love, expanding my favorite part of my old job. The position will give me some flexibility to help Dad, write, make art, and maybe even visit my sons. Plus, springtime has come to North Texas!



© 2007 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Genevieve Netz said...

I'm really glad to hear that your dad is regaining his mobility. And congratulations on your new job and on your new collage blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...