11/1/06

Oddly Orange Citrus Quivering



After the students went off to their trick-or-treating last evening I made a collage of leftovers from the class project. It made me happy (and I know it, clap my hands!) with its transparent and translucent layers over geometric patterns.

The day after Halloween is more frightening to teachers than any bowl of slimy eyeballs. Little kids who are already goofed up because of the end of Daylight Saving Time ratchet up the weirdness with sugar and overstimulation. They are cranky, and they can't stop saying, "booger, booger, booger."

Next year, I'm happy to report, the Energy Policy Act of 2005 goes into effect. Daylight Saving Time will begin on March eleventh. That's the only date when I've ever personally known three real live humans who share a birthday. It fills up the square on my calendar with Roger, Judy, and Heather, and now this time change!

Daylight Saving Time will end on November 4 in 2007. Maybe by then the Halloween '07 chocolate rush will be played out.

For today, the vibrating patterns in the collage seem appropriate. The Grateful Dead meets The Great Pumpkin and overdoses on candy corn.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...