6/21/06

Self Portrait/'96 Skylark/Wanted Poster

That's me. Caught my reflection all crouched down to take a photo of the Skylark. Trying to document the continuing saga of the evil brake light...(story of my life!). Many brave automotive technicians have gone forth to slay the evil dragon inhabiting the left rear wiring of the Buick, but none have survived. A few have briefly, yet mistakenly, believed that the dragon was slain, and claimed the laurels due the hero, but the fiendish beast still lives. For years I've tried to just tame it long enough for the car to pass inspection. I've tickled its special spot, left offerings of Kraft caramels and Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, slammed the trunk Fonz-style, surrounded it with psychic white light, done shamanic dances with gourd rattles, whispered sweet nothings, and burned sage. I've even "become one with the brake light" through the practice of creative visualization, to no avail. OMMMMMM....


The saga has taken a turn-signal for the worse. I got a warning ticket to repair the brake lamp problem, but THEY DON'T MAKE THAT PART ANYMORE. That's why I am taking photos of the offending Buick part---the dealership is sending out an automotive Amber Alert to all the junkyards in Texas to try to locate a 5-way wiring connector. You may actually see these photos hanging on your post office wall!

1 comment:

Genevieve Netz said...

We had 1994 and 1997 Skylarks. Great cars! My daughter is still driving the '97.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...