4/4/06

Why Can't You Behave?

My Mental Barbie started singing Cole Porter's song from the musical, "Kiss Me Kate" during the morning class. Of course, Mental Barbie (MB) was wearing that long black sequined dress! MB always wears the most fabulous outfits, often with above-the-elbow gloves, even while teaching preschool art. MB's voice was that of Lisa Kirk from the original Broadway "Kiss Me Kate" cast at Shubert Theatre in 1951. True, I wasn't born then, but neither was MB. This information is from the portal for all things Porter, The Cole Porter Reference Guide:

Why can't you behave?
Oh, why can't you behave?
After all the things you told me,
And the promises that you gave,
Oh, why can't you behave?


Classroom management is always a challenge, so it is comforting to have a Mental Barbie with that vintage wire stand to hold me up in times of trouble. As if I didn't feel old enough already, Paul McCartney is on the cover of AARP Magazine! Will you still need me? Will you still feed me? 64?????



When I find myself in times of trouble
Mental Barbie comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...