4/1/06

HESP!



"So, I was doing the crossword puzzle under the dryer, and I had put in a wrong word on across. "

"Why on earth were you doing the puzzle under the dryer?," my walking buddy asked.

"Because it gets really boring otherwise, just watching 'Oprah' backwards in the mirror. Plus I can't hear or understand the women speaking Persian," I logically replied.

"Oh! That dryer. I thought you meant the clothes dryer!" My buddy gets it now.

"So, like I said, I had put in a wrong across, so the down was blank, blank, S, P, for Beatles movie. That just shorted my brain out. All I could think of was 'Hard Day's Night'."
_ _ S P!

"Help!," she says. "It's 'HELP!'"

"I know. Once I decided I would ask you for help, it came back to me." Thank heaven that's solved.

"But you know what else? Watching "Oprah' in the mirror made me forget her boyfriend's name, not that I even care about Oprah, but it's always in the grocery checkout," I continued.

"Steadman."

"Thanks."

Hesp, I need somebody,
Hesp, not just anybody,
Hesp, you know I need someone, hesp.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's hesp in any way.
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the door to unload the dryer, and wouldn't you know, I forgot to put in the Bounce...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...