4/20/06

Elvis Avocado

This week's Thursday word comes from a preschooler who knows how to have a good time, so put on your poodle skirt and saddle shoes and drop a 45 on the spindle!

Rockaroly!

Take a ripe avocado and cut it in half very carefully. Remove the seed to grow a plant. Scoop out the yummy soft inside. Put it in a bowl and mash it up. Preschoolers aren't interested in garlic or onions, so skip those and just squeeze in some lemon juice. Serve with triangle chips. And there you have it.



Rockaroly!

If you are headed to McKinney, Texas this weekend, check out the Elvis art at Carrie Garner's Galleria d' Arte. The gallery is at 100 E. Louisiana. That's the southwest corner of the old Collin County courthouse square. Roger Nitz has some entertaining artistic thoughts about Elvis on display. The one that gave me the greatest chuckle was a painting of a chicken with Elvis hair. I instantly grasped the connection between Elvis impersonators, poultry, Warner Bros. cartoon character, Foghorn Leghorn, and the old radio character, Senator Beauregard Claghorn on Fred Allen's Radio Show back way before I was born.


I wonder how it would sound on the radio if Fred Allen strolled up "Allen's Alley" to have a little chat with The Decider aka Dubya:

I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense. That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son.

I might need to get out my green suede shoes to Guac Around the Clock. Preschoolers, you're doing a heckuva job.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...