8/17/05

Charles Loloma

The large drowsing animal and I were reconnected by our shared awe at the Loloma exhibit at the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian in Santa Fe. Charles Loloma (1921-1991) created beautiful jewelry that elegantly combines Hopi traditions and materials with compositions akin to Frank Lloyd Wright and Piet Mondrian. Akin as well to paper collages made by the large drowsing animal's mom, who shall remain nameless. I am inspired and energized....just as soon as I finish the guerilla Tonka Truck/Zen condo clean-up.

This was my second visit to the Wheelwright, and I encourage anyone headed to Santa Fe to visit. Examples of Loloma's jewelry can be seen at Blue Rain Gallery, and at eNewMexican.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...