2/27/05

Shake it, baby!

As my preschoolers were dancing around shaking the last of the gourds from Ms. Janie, one of them shouted, "Shake it, baby, shake it!" At least none of them said, "Shake it, but don't break it!" Some kids did dancing routines reminiscent of Las Vegas showgirls or Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. We were dancing to a Putamayo World Music cassette.

After all my work this weekend dealing with the backlog of filing for my image files, I felt the urge to collage. I'm so out of practice. This past year I've concentrated all my time and effort on writing. It feels good to work with paper again, and to try to get into the mental zone of 2-D composition. The photos aren't very successful. With flash gets weird reflections on the different paper finishes. Without flash needs too much Photoshopping. Still, it's good to know you can take the Mama out of the Collage, but you can't take the Collage out of the Mama.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...