10/7/12

Wheemo-Whip ... the reptile sleeps tonight

 Wheemo-Whip is not the real name for the Marshmallow Fluff sandwich the three-year-old boy brought in his lunchbox. He brought a Fluffernutter, minus the peanut butter. Let me just say that I've never yet met a three-year-old boy for whom a Marshmallow Fluff sandwich is a good idea based on nutritional, behavioral, naptime and stickiness concerns. It ranks right up there with packing a popsicle in a lunchbox as a preschool teacher's bad dream.

Wheemo-Whip is also not the chorus for "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", but for a kid growing up under the influence of Kraft in the Sixties, it's a reasonable mistake. Miracle Whip, Cool Whip, Dream Whip, ergo Wheemo Whip. In the advertising jungle we kiddies were brainwashed for a generation.

Wheemo-Whip Ee e e um um a weh Yesterday this anole began a lengthy search for a comfortable position to camp out on the metal hummingbird garden ornament. My brain was hollering at the lizard, "Don't you know the cold front is coming? You are going to get way too cold!" Yes, it was 88 degrees today, but it'll be a high of 55 tomorrow!



Wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh
Wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh
Wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh
Wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh, wimoweh



Wheemo-Whip  I haven't been sleeping all that well since the day of the patio Texas Rat Snake. Visions of reptile and rodent sugarplums in my dryer vent were keeping me awake in the wee hours. Glad to report I've made friends with a visionary problem-solver in the wire and screen aisle of Home Depot. He concocted a solution using a downspout screen stuck in the dryer vent duct and completely understood my rat snake issues.  Best of all, it cost $2.68 + tax.


In the jungle, the condo jungle, CollageMama sleeps much better tonight.  Good to know neither reptile nor rodents will breach my security perimeter. Alas, I can't be so sure about the demonic pronunciation gremlins.  





1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Now I've got that song stuck in my head. Plus, I am hungry for high caloric sticky stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...