4/9/12

Easter in Fort Worth's Cultural District

Raindrops on roses were not the problem driving home from Fort Worth.  Nor whiskers on kittens.  It was a dang scary downpour, and I was praying it wouldn't hail on my new old Buick.  


I went over to Fort Worth on a first highway test drive, and because I never made it to the Impressionist exhibit at the Kimbell Museum during spring break.  Wish I could have shared the exhibit with my parents, capped with a delicious buffet lunch in the Kimbell's restaurant.  The green chile and rice soup was nirvana!  Howie and Fritz would have loved it.


Last year when the Woolly Mammoth had a burst of soup-making creativity, I mailed him Fritzi's well-worn Kimbell cookbook.  Tonight he sent back this recipe:







The green chiles with rice soup had a cheddar cheese and cream base, but also had celery and carrots today. I've made a grocery list to make my own version when the brisket stew is gone.





Got to watch the rain begin from inside the Fort Worth Modern Museum.  Tadao Ando's building has become one of my favorite places even though I don't often like the art on display.The angles, reflections, and textures of the museum feed my inner artist.


Other buildings on my Favorite Things list:


When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

This is a strange, very tiny bee/fly I saw today.  It was smaller than my pinkie fingernail.  Love the see-through striped wings.


© 2012 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Many pleasures! No hail!

Kim said...

Harold Washington Library in Chicago (with the gargoyles!) is one of my favorite buildings. 9th floor atrium!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...