9/25/11

Opposite Dogs

A pretty doggone fine week in art class with some very original results.  We've been inspired by Emily Gravett's delightful book, Dogs, in which the narrator cat's favorite dog turns out to be "any dog that won't chase me."  I can relate.


I'm wondering how many weeks I can sustain the dog theme for art class with books and different art materials.  We haven't even gotten to paint yet, let alone clay, soft sculpture, or papier mache.  Can I make it last until Open House?  Halloween?  Thanksgiving?  What about creating art to send to my grandpuppy, Wiley?  Sort of a cross between Flat Stanley and mail art...Geez, it turns out there's a Flat Stanley app for iPhones.  No wonder the USPS in in trouble!

My poor volunteer parent helper is probably praying I won't keep bursting into my tone-deaf version of "How Much is That Doggie in the Window?"





Did I mention that Wiley is the cutest, smartest doggy on earth?

He will undoubtedly appreciate my students' artistic efforts and fan mail.



© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Good dog, Wiley!

Kim said...

la la ..the one with the waggly tail...how much is that doggie in the window? i do hope that doggie's for sale...ok, i had the 45 as a hand-me-down from my cousin Marsha. I played it over and over and over. I would be a happy singing volunteer parent in your classroom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...