7/30/11

How will they get out?

The new mockingbirds fledged Wednesday.  They made short flights all around the school, stopping often on the playground fence.  Perfect timing for our daily garden/nature observation, an effort as much about teacher sanity as science instruction.  "Look, two mockingbirds on the fence," I said.  "How will they get out?," asked the strawberry goat boy.  Gee, I don't know!  Maybe we should call the fire department.

The summer heat is wearing, but the shortage of students with sparkle in their eyes is more exhausting.  Fortunately the kids observed three anole lizards out the window Friday afternoon.  They were curious.  I made some paper anoles.  

That made me wonder how paper anoles would get out.


Not exactly Escher, but a fun diversion!









© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Those are wonderful. Do you have a pattern available?

Collagemama said...

No, Christine, I just cut them free hand. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy papercutting. I was really into it a few years back, but I'm out of practice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...