8/15/10

Lay flat to dry



The care instructions in the Mother of the Groom dress are apt for the Mother of the Groom as well. I should not be dry cleaned. I need hand washing in cold water, but I especially need "Lay Flat To Dry".


It's been a week since the wedding, but I'm still in a mental fog. I've been on a fabulous trip, but I'm feeling a tad like Flat Stanley under the St. Louis Gateway Arch.

Although I tried to explain to my summer school students why I would miss the last two days of class, a few of them were convinced I was running off to get married. The real honeymoon couple is basking on the beach in Antigua. I'm reclining on my laundry room floor trying to relight the pilot of my hot water heater.

© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...