4/14/10

What would Fess Parker do?

Back in my day, kids built forts with Lincoln Logs. My students seem to be constructing faux-rustic resorts and Great Wolf Lodge waterparks.

Three seven-year-old boys build Lincoln Log cabins with "really good beds". They are comparing the quality of a night's sleep in each cabin. One boy says, "My cabin has the Sweet Number bed." He probably means a "Sleep Number bed" since he explains choosing a number to go to sleep. To one-up him, the next boy says his cabin has a Select Comfort mattress. Is this for real, or a weird dream on my saggy, lumpy mattress? I couldn't hear for sure, but I think the third boy had a "duck bed" in his cabin.

What's next? A coonskin cap with built-in Bluetooth? And mints on your pillow?

© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Genevieve Netz said...

Yes, the kids are little consumers, the product of all the media in their lives. And by the way, I want the cabin with the Sweet Number bed.

Collagemama said...

Gen--Maybe it's a time-share cabin for weary bloggers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...