10/23/08

Three by fives

Whooooo00 inspired this owl art project?






My brittle copy of Garth Williams' Baby Animals, a Little Golden Book, is 1956, c1952. Turning its pages today, I was surprised to find that each illustration resembled one of my students. Williams had a gift for knowing the facial expressions common to both baby animals and little people. The baby animals have such personality and curiosity that this comparison in no way insults my students. If the book was in good enough shape for me to share in class, I know the kids would be as captivated as previous generations.



All the children adore Owl Babies by Martin Waddell and Patrick Benson. Thank heaven October comes around every years so adults can read this book to the children they love!

© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...