10/13/08

Mini mental vacation refreshes

My trip to the symphony was a desperately needed break from my routine. I feel like my brain has been washed, dried, ironed, and hung neatly in the closet ready for the coming week. The conductor and the violin soloist both looked younger than my sons. Actually, the conductor was 32 and the violinist 26. Sitting in the choral seats behind the timpanist let me watch the conductor's interaction with the musicians. The Sibelius violin concerto was outstanding. Kimberly Hale Harris gave a very informative and entertaining preconcert lecture. Even riding the DART train and walking to the Meyerson Symphony Center was a refreshing change. Seems like I should be able to deduct the day as a medical expense on my taxes!


© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...