10/9/06

In my salad days I recall...

According to Dictionary.com salad days is a noun: A time of youthful inexperience, innocence, or indiscretion.

Salad days was coined by Shakespeare in Antony and Cleopatra: "My salad days,/ When I was green in judgment, cold in blood."


Perhaps our latest current event could be marked on future middle school history timelines as The Salad Days. It's a scary business out there on the salad bar lines. Spinach has gone over to the Dark Side. Lettuce wants a share of the publicity.

Does this supermarket crisis have anything to do with Baby June, that five foot two bundle of dynamite in the Broadway musical "Gypsy"? Maybe it's a Jimi Hendrix posthumous advertising campaign using the music from "Foxy Lady" like those Led Zep and Jethro Tull car commercials!

Let me entertain you
Let me make you smile
Let me do a few tricks
Some old and then
Some new tricks
I'm very versatile ???




Maybe, just maybe, I need to teach my bifocals some new tricks so I can see that there's only one O! Just recall the cartons, not the cartoons. The terrorists haven't won.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we lived in South America 25 years ago, we soaked most fresh produce (except bananas and oranges) in an iodine solution for 10 minutes. It seems that might be a good idea here too. Darn, I really miss raw spinach. I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true. I've become quite fond of it in salad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...