7/29/06

Green Eggs and Hummus

This Mom-I-Am was surprised to see that my son, Formerly-Known-As-the-World's-Pickiest-Eater, had added to the grocery list:

Pitas

Feta

Hummus



Ew, gross! I gave him some money when he drove me to the train station, and told him to go to the store himself as hummus is way too scary for me.

"What do you mean by too esoteric, Mom?"

"Not esoteric! Just plain scary."

"Scary? Have you ever tried hummus, Mom?"

"I could not, would not in a box. I will not, will not with a fox, and I won't even get into how I feel about feta."

"Mom, hummus is just a dip. I bet if you tried it you would like it."

"I will not, will not with a goat. It's sheep guts run over by a Hummer."

"No, Mom, that's haggis, a Scottish dish consisting of a mixture of the minced heart, lungs, and liver of a sheep or calf mixed with suet, onions, oatmeal, and seasonings, and boiled in the stomach of the animal."

"I don't care. I will not try it anywhere. Hummus isn't even in my dictionary."

"But, Mom, it's so good you see! It's hummus
1955, from Turk. humus 'mashed chick peas.'"

"Son, if you won't let me be, I'll take away your Buick key."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...