5/25/06

Collage boxes

Sometimes the CollageMama even collages. It doesn't happen often enough. My efforts this winter and spring have been three-dimensional efforts inside and outside cigar boxes. A crazy art teacher friend gave me the boxes last fall, along with many more for my students' Louise Nevelson projects.

Of course seeing Joseph Cornell's films and boxes at the Dallas Museum of Art's "Dialogues" exhibit in September also got me thinking about boxes. Seeing Ellen Tuchman's beaded art, such as her matchbook pieces at the Dallas Theatre Center this spring, always reconnects me with my love of beads and buttons.

I'll write about my other inspirations on the Anchorwoman blog in a day or so. I'd be glad to hear what you think.




1 comment:

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

I love Joseph Cornell's work, but I have never seen one in real though.

r.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...