12/23/05

Sad Holiday Note

Parker Station Cafe at the corner of Alma and Parker in Plano has been a favorite breakfast spot for my family since we moved here in 1990. Naturally, when my oldest arrived for the Christmas break, the two of us wanted to go to Parker Station to celebrate.

Ratsafrats!

The door is covered with hand-written notes from Crystal the waitress saying how much she misses everybody, and from the management saying "We are closed due to circumstances." There are notices about who owns the waffle makers and dishwashing equipment inside the cafe.

My sons, my dad, and myself are all sad "due to circumstances." If your town has a friendly locally-owned cafe, please go there and have the breakfast special for us! And if you happen to know the origin of the word "ratsafrats", I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...