8/29/03

I can barely walk today after my mad frenzy of cleaning and rearranging yesterday. My calves and thighs are really stiff and sore. Maybe that means I "lifted with my legs", since my back is fine. The college guys have gone off to school so first I mucked out their bedroom, closets, and linen cabinet. Then I made the semiannual attack on the boys' bathroom. Took the shower curtain out back and shot it. By this time I'd entered a whirling dervish consciousness of unlimited strength and energy. I was seeing neon colors, man! I dealt with the storage space under the stairs. Moved a bookcase upstairs for all the required high school English books and college stuff students can't bear to sell. Stashed the sci-fi paperbacks, "novels" by Star Trek alumni, and role-playing books in a cupboard. Moved a table downstairs, and the sewing cabinet and rocking chair upstairs. Moved the computer from the dining area into my room, and moved the bookshelves across the dining area so the table finally sits centered under the ceiling fan! It was like Tetris nirvana! Rearranged everything in my room so the computer would be near the window and phone jack. Took a trunkful of stuff to Goodwill, and three black trash bags to the dumpster. In the middle of this religious experience Steven showed up with his pals for lunch unexpectedly. Their view of this sweat-drenched, crazed 48-year-old maenad wearing, gasp, a sleeveless shirt, flapping her arm flab and heaving stacks of National Geographics around the living room will probably haunt them for years. Plus, there wasn't anything good to eat, and I sure wasn't cooking. They'd have been better off cruising for fries.

Spent the afternoon today studying the blue damselflies sitting alongside the pool. Watched ants scurrying on seemingly random paths. Observed clouds forming and dissipating in a largo bass violin concert. A streetlight loomed its brontosaurus neck above the privacy fence.

Gave the new black and orange mollies in their pristine aquarium a slice of zucchini to nibble. They are ecstatic. To them, something wonderful fell from the sky!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...