6/19/11

Sleeping through his day

Father's Day was not a big event for Dad.  He slept through the whole thing, although he let the aide spoonfeed him breakfast with his eyes closed.  If not for the miracle of hot coffee, an aide would have to spoon my breakfast, too.  



When I told Dad there was nothing in my fridge but watermelon, he got out a whisper that he never got watermelon.  So I took him some today, and left it on his tray next to the homemade cookies and card from my son and daughter-in-law.
Unsuccessful connecting with my father, but I've been in touch with my siblings and with Mother Earth.  Read the news.  Relaxed with my muse, making photo connections between student art and my 365 Project photos.



Instead of reading more of The Big Thirst, I watched "Temple Grandin".  Instead of ironing I just didn't.....


Om
Moo
Yum

Making eggplant parmesan and hummingbird food.


© 2011 Nancy L. Ruder

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Om
Moo
Yum

is my new mantra.

Kim said...

I really enjoyed watching Temple Grandin! What is "ironing"???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...