11/22/10

Post Its falling down like hail


The leaves near the creek reminded me of, gasp, the pile of neon red Post It bookmark stickies on the shelf next to my dictionary and field guides.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  No poet would compare autumnal foliage to office supplies.  How dare you say "The blizzard smelled just like White-Out"?  That would be like saying Mom's homemade macaroni and cheese was almost as good as the Kraft box stuff!

Still, the autumn breeze was sending golden leaves raining down, and making the red leaves shimmer.  Had to head back home to Google the lyrics to Nat King Cole's song "Tenderly".  The evening breeze caressed the trees tenderly...

Competing for my attention was a Robert Johnson lyric about leaves falling down like rain.  No, blues falling down like hail, even though the leaves and Post Its were red. 

So now I've got a hellhound on my trail of sticky notes.  Hansel and Gretel might want to stop by Staples.

That was easy.

© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Sometimes I play and sing "Tenderly" at the piano!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...