2/9/10

Dip di-dip di-dip

Driving home from work I got a sudden severe case of "Grease" lyrics flashback [Med diagnosis code GLF]. One of the preschool students was working the puzzle of Things That Go Together. You know--bird/nest, rake/leaves, paintbrush/easel, paper/scissors, rock/lyrics stuck in my head!

We go together like
rama lama lama
ke ding a de dinga a dong


NO! NO! This can't happen right now! I've got to think of some easy valentine to make for each of my preschool students ASAP. I don't have time to get stuck in a 1973 warp.

We're one of a kind
Like dip di-dip di-dip
Doo-bop a doo-bee doo

What would the little kids understand about belonging together? Flash! Their idea of an inseparable match is a dip di-dip of carrot sticks in Ranch Dressing. It's a horse and carriage! You can't have one without the other.
Now I just have to do the paper cutting. Inspiration is weird. You know why Van Gogh cut off his ear? He had sockhop lyrics stuck in his head.

© 2010 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...