8/27/09

Orifices and oracles


"I'm afraid you need to go wash your hands with soap," I told the four year-old.

"Why?"

This was tricky territory, so I suggested her hands weren't clean enough to eat lunch after touching her "crotch".

"I don't have those kind of shoes," she said. No Crocs on my feet either, but she still needed soap.
________________________________________
On my last road trip I put Bob Dylan's "Planet Waves" in the CD player. Old Bob and I are equally nasal and tone-challenged. "Tough Mama" might be due for a preschool makeover.

...Silver Angel
With the badge of the lonesome road sewed in your sleeve,
I'd be grateful if this golden ring you would receive.
Today on the countryside it was a-hotter than a crotch,
I stood alone upon the ridge and all I did was watch.
Sweet Goddess, it must be time to carve another notch.




© 2009 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...