11/5/08

Fizzies Fountain

Fizzix carbonated Go-Gurt by Yoplait, a General Mills brand, is my new Moriarty. Even with Watson's help, Sherlock Holmes could not open these darn plastic packages without explosive results. Kiddies, can you spell, "Nemesis"?



Fizzix looks just like Plastigoop. Instead of baking it in your Creepy Crawler Thing-Maker by Mattel, you are supposed to eat it. It's Pop Rocks candy with a little bit of dairy calcium! Reminds me of the good old days when I watched middle school students shoot aerosol Cheez Whiz down their throats in the cafeteria.

It's amazing how far 2.25 oz. of yogurt loaded with over three teaspoons of sugar can spray when it is carbonated, frozen, then slowly thawed. And it feels great between your toes for the rest of the day.

Fizzix Go-Gurt is not to be confused with Fizzies, that Sixties carbonated drink made by dropping a flavored tablet into a glass of water. Imagine a cross between Alka-Seltzer and KoolAid. In 1961 my parents won a trip to New York City. They had a grand time visiting F.A.O. Schwartz, and brought back a toy for each of us kids. My gift was a Fizzies Fountain. This play soda fountain was fun for my dad, who had been a soda jerk in Grand Island, Nebraska. Root beer Fizzies were my favorite flavor.



© 2008 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...